Okay let me be honest for a minute. I have said before I am NOT a reader however, the past 3 months I found reading absolutely amazing. I can honestly say that I love reading. Even if they’re just picture books a few chapter books I love them. I will continue reading as many books as I can. Here are six things that I feel you should know about children’s literature.
1. It’s important – I feel it’s very important to read to your children. Children’s learning Start way before they enter school. It starts at home. What better way to help your children learn then to read a book with them. I also feel if you start reading to them young they’ll grow to love reading.
2. Children books not just for kids- I feel children’s books can be read at any age. There’s no rule that says you have to be a child to read a good picture book. All books are good I’ve actually started reading a book by Nicholas Sparks and I love it. I just feel nothing beats a good children’s book, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this. Anyone can read children’s books and they’ll love the feeling you get when you do so.
3. Keep reading- there are hundreds of children books out there. I feel like I’ve read a lot of them. However, not even at the tip of the iceberg. Previously I said how important reading was and I stand by that so keep reading new children books are written every day find a new one.
4. Read diverse books- this one I feel I should have put that number one. Not only for yourself but for the children you come in contact with it is so important to read diverse books. It will help keep yours and the child mind open it also helps everyone learn things about other places you may not have known. I feel this is one of the most important things I’ve learned about children literature. Younger children expecially should be read as many diverse books as you can find to read to them.
5. The importance of libraries- I honestly believe a lot of us used technology to read, a Kindle, nook, tablet, and an iPad. However, I’ll admit I did use some of these to find books to read them. However I will tell you I absolutely loved going to the library. You get such a bond the librarians and even other people that are in the library. A lot of my books I found at the school library in the elementary building, but I love going in there and talking to the librarian. She is so nice and they are all very helpful. Plus I don’t feel you get the full feeling from just reading it on an electronic device. Holding it in seeing the pages and the pictures makes a world of difference.
6. Who doesn’t love talking about children’s books- I don’t know about any of you but I love talking to my kids about the books I’ve been reading. It’s nice to have them sharing it with me and me sharing what I know with them. I have also found even adults love talking about children’s books. Just look at the past few months and how much we’ve all talked about children’s books. There are so many things to know about children’s literature. Thank all of you for suck a wonderful few months and thanks for sharing all the wonderful books you all have read.
So cute i love this book.
This is an amazing story. A must read as well.
A classic no matter how old you are.
I’m trying not to over lap my choices.
Amazing illustrations just an amazing book.
I found this book too had wonderful illustrations. And a good story line.
I found this story to be so touching.
This book is so dear to me. I’m not sure what it is about it. But I’m really attached to this book.
A wonderful adventure book. He tells what he did in is life.
This book is one of my classes favorites we read at least four times a week and so it has become one as mine as well.
I absolutely love this story it is one of my favorites.
I have always liked this one I think everyone who reads it enjoys it.
Since I first read this book I have read it three times. It’s an easy read and it’s very emotional.
This is a good read if your with younger c children teaches a good lesson.
This in my opinion is a classic. You can’t go wrong with it.
The way you read this one makes all the difference. If your open minder you become part of the story.
Another great book with a great lesson. Even though we are different we all have feelings.
This book is on my re read list and must read. I thought it was wonderful.
There is so many reasons to read this book I don’t even know where to begin.
Teaches children that it’s kmnot ok to be mean we all have a invisible bucket that needs to be filled.
This semester I have read more then I ever thought I would, and if I was to be honest I really loved all of them. They were all so good. Each one touched me in a special way. From taking me back to my childhood memories. To making new memories for me. My favorite ten would have to be…
Suck a cute story. Teaches a great lesson to young children.
There is nothing I didn’t like about this story if you haven’t read it I recommend you do.
My children introduced me to this book and it is wonderful.
Another cute story. Helps kids count backwards as well.
This is my favorite. It is a tradition to read it every Christmas eve to my children. As my mom did with me.
This book is always a good read. Read it with an open mind it’s like your in the book yourself.
This book has wonderful illustrations. As all of these books do.
A story about two ants who realize there’s no place like home. Also amazing illustrations.
Looking for A heart warming and tear jerking book all in one? This book is for you.
I loved this story I’m not sure why. However, I going to say alot of it was the illustrations. As you may have noticed I love illustrations in all the books I have read.
I have read quite a few books so far. I’m really surprised I’ve gotten through so many. As I’ve said in previous posts I’m not that great reader. But looking back on the books I’ve read. I’ve read quite a few books from both of these categories. Thinking of the ones that I have read books from these categories have been my favorite.
My favorite of these categorizes would be Mock Caldecott. There is just something about the illustrations that just amaze me. They are all very well illustrated however.
I love the idea of having a lesson with these books in my future classroom. I think these books are a wonderful way to get children into reading. The illustrations alone will captivate a student’s attention.
After reading Mr. Schu’s list of nominees for the year 2016 they all sound absolutely amazing. To be honest I’d want to read them all which in time I made you, but for now since I can only pick 3 they would be
The cover of this book just amazes me it’s beautifully done. I can’t wait to read.
Look at the cover it’s captivating is there any reason why this wouldn’t be on everyone’s list.
It just sounds like it would be an enjoyable book to read. As I said I wish we could have picked more then three. There are so many wonderful books on the list.
So I know I’m a little behind this week it’s been pretty crazy. I haven’t been feeling very well and then my children got sick so I’ve been a little busy. However, it the mix of everything I have managed to read a few books. The first book I read was…
This book takes me back. I remember reading it when I was is school. No matter how old I get this book always is some what of a comfort to me.
This book is about a young boy named Marty who finds a dog. He can tell by the way the dog acts he is being mistreated. He takes the dog home and his father tells him I think that the dog belongs to a man named Judd Travers. Marty begs ilhis father to keep the dog and his dad says no he’s not ours we have to return him to his owner. Marty gives the dog a name he names him Shiloh.
Judd Travers is a alcoholic who starves and beats his dogs. Marty hates the idea of taking and giving Shiloh back. However, he does it because it’s the right thing to do.
When Shiloh runs away again Marty doesn’t take him back to Judds house. He hides Shiloh in the hills. He feeds Shiloh half of each of his meals. And he lies to his family. It’s going well until Shiloh is attacked and almost dies.
This books is both sad and happy. It talks about lying even though it seems right its not and that it’s always best to be honest.
This is such a cute story I absolutely loved it. Petunia is a curious duck when she find something that she’s never seen before. Until she realizes she has seen it before and it’s a book. She remembers hearing how books are a precious gift and when people have them and read them they become wise. So petunia decides that she will keep the book and then maybe everyone will stop thinking of her as such a silly goose. She does everything with the book she sleeps with it she swims with it she walks with it. All the other animals realize how wise petunia has became so they start asking her all kinds of questions. And of course petunia is very happy to help. However, she doesn’t help she kind of makes things worse all the animals found a box in the ditch and ask petunia if it was food. She said oh yes it’s candy you can eat it not long after all you hear is a big boom and all the animals are bumps and bruises and some were burnt. Petunias soon realizes she’s not very wise. I loved it I thought it was a very cute story and I will definitely be reading it again.
This was such a great book. A story of a farmer who is driving down the road and hits something he thinks it’s a deer. However when he gets out of the car he realized he had hit a man. The farmer takes the man back to his house where he tells his wife he thinks the man is a lonely and they think he lives in the woods alone because of the way he dressed. I really enjoyed reading this story it was very good.
This was another wonderful book. A boy who dreams of what the future will be like. However, the future he images is nothing like the future he sees.
A story about a broom that learn to do many things. The people around are scared of it and think it’s unusual for a broom to do these thing. I really enjoyed reading this. The illustrations were wonderful.
What a great adventure book. The two ants think that they have found the best place for them to live however, they quickly learn that there is no place like home. When they find a way to get back to their family they are so glad.
This was the first time I’ve read this book and I must say I loved it. It was so good and the illustrations were amazing. The man is a dentist who received figs as a payment and he was told the figs will make his dreams come true. And that’s what they did. He drempt he was in front of a cafe in his underwear and it really happened. Then his dog ate the last fig the next night and his dog’s dreams come true. Wonderful story.
This book is much like jumanji. A wonderful story about two brothers who play a game together and experience a wonderful adventure. Much like the other books I read this week this book has wonderful illustrations. The story line is wonderful.